Thursday, July 28, 2016

Happy Retirement, Mom!

My mom has officially retired after 26 years of dedicated service to the local school district, and we couldn't be happier for her. 


Mom's school hosted a lovely reception for her
I say "official" now because even though the big celebration was at the end of the school year in May, she still worked summer school, so really, she's only been done for a short time. Regardless, I'm sure retirement won't really sink in until school starts again in the fall...for everyone else.

For what was surely the first time ever, I didn't listen to my mother when she said that it was "no big deal," and packed up the girls for a trip to Kansas City for the festivities. I'm so glad we did because it was wonderful to celebrate and honor Mom. Plus, it was a great opportunity to introduce Lena to so many family and friends, including her uncles, aunt, and cousins.

Speaking of honoring my mom, I would be remiss if I didn't thank everyone who sent cards to "shower" her with good wishes. She was both surprised and touched.

The card shower was displayed in umbrellas

Congratulations, Mom! We wish you many adventures in this next chapter of life...and hopefully a few extra trips to Memphis as well.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive